I am honored to be nominated for my first blog award by the kind Eva Prim. Thank you so much Eva!
Please go check out her page if you love the arts. She talks about music and literature, and I found her blog from searching poetry. Her articles are very inspiring.
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
- Writing Verse
- Becoming the Muse
- Matt On Accident
- From Food Stamps To A Future
- Life From A Park Bench
So Many Questions
On your post, answer the same questions or find some from other blog posts. Be creative and have fun!
1. What is the story behind your blog name?
I originally wanted The Raven’s Writing Desk but of course it was already taken on many social media accounts, so I stuck with TheRaven6825 on all of my sites. Google me…I am everywhere!
The numbers are from my ID # for the 501st legion – A Star Wars costuming group. (Yeah…full blown cosplay nerd here LOL). I am TX6825 – Shadow Scout
Photos: Donna J. Sanders
2. Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected?
I started blogging because my husband told me I should, since my poetry has been getting more popular and it would help get me even more coverage. I hesitated because I didn’t think I would have time, already managing all my social media sites, but I try to do my best and update it every day.
I didn’t expect such a great community of writers here and I am very thankful for everyone who visits my page. I have also found some great blogs that are very creative and inspiring. I just wish I had the time to keep up with all of them – so many talented people out there!
3. Do you have a significant other? How did you meet?
(See answer to question 2.) Yes! LOL
We actually met on a blind date. A co-worker of his, who was a friend of mine, thought we would be perfect for each other but I told her I was too busy for a relationship – working two jobs and going to school at the time. So I agreed I would go out as just a group of friends kinda thing. Well she never told him that and he thought I was ignoring him all night. We kept in contact as friends and a year later when she was getting married, we had our first official date and he picked me up on his Yamaha R6 motorcycle. That did it for me and the rest is history…we celebrate 13 years of marriage next month.
4. If you could live one day over again, what day would it be?
Getting married on Maui. Best day ever! My husband and I explored most of the island after our sunrise wedding. Fell madly in love with the place and would love to live there one of these days.
5. Weirdest thing you eat?
Curry goat – it’s an island thing.
6. Favorite dessert?
Oh so many – Crème Brulee, Publix’s Raspberry Elegance cake, and anything Key Lime
7. Favorite books?
For the classics: The Time Machine, Alice in Wonderland, Frankenstein,
Michael Crichton – Prey
Hugh Howey– Wool, Shift, Dust
James Patterson’s Maximum Ride series
Anything from Daniel H. Wilson (Robopocalypse)
Poetry: Edgar Allen Poe, Maya Angelou
8. Favorite movie?
Pirates of the Caribbean
9. Music you listen to for inspiration?
The non-lyrical ones when I am writing – Oblivion, Divergent, Prince of Persia
The upbeat ones for working out – Blade, Mortal Kombat, Lara Croft.
10. What’s one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
Never stop writing and don’t do it for money or fame. Do it because you love it!